Monday, December 29, 2008

Ingredients for Success

Subscribe in a reader

There is not one, but many ingredients needed to be successful in any career path you choose. In this article I will list some I constantly mix in to keep on top pf my game. Some I incorporate more than others due to the fact that they are needed, wanted or desired more.

  • Education - Continuing Education via my peers or self education. A must!
  • Health - Maintaining a healthy lifestyle gives me more energy.
  • Exercise- Maintaining physical and mental health keeps me on my toes.
  • Inspiration - Hearing success stories form other people drives me more to give back.
  • Attitude - Having a positive attitude is vital as it limits my stress.
  • Meditation - Take time each day to relax and re-charge.
  • Reading - I read, even if it is a little every day for mental relaxation.
  • Hobbies - I have various hobbies I like to do to get away from work once in a while.
  • Organization - Stay organized to mitigate the ridiculous stress of finding things all the time.
  • Volunteering - Giving back to others or helping people makes you feel good and is fulfilling.

I incorporate some of these on a daily basis, a few times a week or on a weekly basis. I realized in order to be successful you must have a balanced lifestyle. Putting everything into one area of your life will not get you anywhere. I know this from personal experience. Once I started maintaining a balanced lifestyle including all areas of my life into my daily routine, I found out how much more energy and less stress I had in my life.

Happy Balancing!

Tony

No comments: