Saturday, January 10, 2009

Coffee - A Favorite

Subscribe in a reader

As you know, life is not just about business. You need a balanced lifestyle to be happy and have fun. I know people who are highly successful but are miserable in their personal life. You deserve to include your pleasures in life. One simple pleasure of mine is coffee.

I remember as a kid asking my Dad to taste his coffee. When I did, it was so disgusting and vowed never to drink it. Yuck! Years later when I was a sophomore in college, my Dad brought home donuts one evening and he made a pot of coffee. I thought to myself, I'm going to try coffee again. I heard it goes well with donuts and other sweets. Why not?

I shoved my hand in the bag of donuts pulling out a chocolate long john, (favorite) pouring a cup of coffee and sitting in the family room with Dad. Of course I started with the donut first. Yum! Next came a sip of the hot coffee. After taking that sip, after the bite of the donut, I WAS HOOKED!

I remember saying to my Dad, this coffee is so good. Dad, coffee goes well with donuts, and on and on and on. 16 years later, I still love coffee and can drink it with any meal. It enhances the flavor of the food and the food brings out more taste in the coffee. For me it does.

Now for promotion time. When I first started out investing in real estate 3 years ago, I met a Realtor and he suggested we meet for coffee. I said sure. He suggested meeting at Julius Meinl down on the Northside of Chicago. Blocks away from Wrigley Field. Ok!

Julius Meinl serves excellent European coffee and has a variety of teas. I highly recommend their coffee. I love the flavor of European coffees. Another cool thing is they serve sandwiches with a side salad and NOT chips or fries. Healthy...very cool. Try their coffee if you are a coffee lover.

For those in the Chicago area: http://www.meinl.com/northamerica/home.html If not, look online for one near you.

Thank you Dad for bringing home the donuts that night and re-introducing me to coffee. We have had countless cups together, including one of our favorites on that trip to San Francisco. Every time I come to visit you in Arizona, I know having a cup of coffee is a simple pleasure in life and I get to share it with you!

I love you Dad!

Tony

No comments: