Thursday, January 15, 2009

Food Poisoning Saves Her Father's Life

Subscribe in a reader

Here is a non-related real estate story I'm going to share with you. When I heard this, my jaw dropped to China. I'm not kidding. I went numb and my jaw dropped. It is not terribly long but...

I heard this story from a woman who was in my Landmark Forum seminar in Chicago March 2008. In case you have not heard of Landmark Education, it is a platform for Personal Growth and Development. You get to share a lot with other people. It is life transforming.

I'm keeping names out of this article for privacy reasons.

This woman called up her Dad to come over for dinner one evening. She went shopping and was going to cook dinner for him being all excited to have him over. If I recall correctly it was chicken. She was looking forward to spending a quiet evening and quality time with her father. They ate the food and he went home. She was happy her father enjoyed her cooking and the time they spent together.

The next morning, they talked on the phone. He had gotten food poisoning from the chicken and called in sick to work. Her reaction turned from being upset to grateful because her father called in sick to work. Her father was supposed to be the pilot for one of the planes that flew into the World Trade Center Towers on 9/11.

It still gives me the chills today when I think about it and as I write this article.

Tell the ones you love how much you truly love them!

Tony

No comments: