Tuesday, January 13, 2009

24 - Jack Is Back!

Subscribe in a reader

I'm not a big T.V. watcher but I do love 24. I have been watching 24 since it started in 2001. I remember my brother reading a story about it in Reader's Digest or some other magazine. He told me about the concept of the show and we both thought it would be cool to check out. At the same time, my best friend and my Mom were watching the series premiere as well. After the first episode all 4 of us were hooked.

For those who are not familiar with 24, one season equals one day in the life of CTU agent Jack Bauer played by Kiefer Sutherland. Each episode is 1 hour long, comprising of 24 episodes = 24 hours. Jack is either called in or due to circumstances beyond his control, brought back in to thwart off some type of national security threat.

Note: For those who have not watched any seasons, I highly recommend you DO NOT start watching now. Start from Season 1. Jack has gone through many different scenarios over the last 6 seasons involving many different characters. You need to watch from Season 1 to understand the relationships between the characters and were Jack is in his life leading up to this season. For those who have been watching, tighten your seat belt and get ready for another awesome ride!

Every week my brother, myself, and my best friend get together to watch Jack in action. For those who have watched from the beginning, you know how addicting this show is! It has been a ritual from the start for the three of us to get together. We never miss an episode unless on of us is out of town which is rare.

2 hour season premiere tonight and 2 hours tomorrow evening. It has been a long wait considering they didn't show it last year due to the writer's strike. As Jack would say, Damn it!

24 fans are excited for the long anticipated return of Jack Bauer. Here is a link of a speed painting of Jack done by Nico Di Mattia. Nico's artwork is amazing. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S84s5OQIKg8

Go Jack!

Tony

No comments: